Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter is in full swing!

Our first winter here has been fun and exciting! It's amazing how little sleep I get when I know we are expecting snow. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I'm always jumping up to peek out the mini blinds to see if any snow has fallen! It's so beautiful and serene when there is fresh snow on the ground! We don't have fences in our backyard so the streets, sidewalks, and yards all blend together and look perfectly flat. You can't tell where the street stops and the sidewalk begins!

This picture I took out in service one day. It's rare that there is enough moisture in the air to have frost on the trees like this but it was so beautiful!
Our House during our first snow!

Behind these trees is a frozen pond it's just a minute from our house!

This is a video from our Master bedroom after a storm!
(Just from my cell phone so nothing fancy)

It's beautiful here and the snowy winter has been fun
but I'm sure I'll be anxious for spring soon enough!

3 comments:

  1. those trees look so pretty! I'm glad you are liking it there in Colorado. Nice house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. those trees are beautiful..looks like a postcard :) glad to here all is well...so good seeing you in october. miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Jess! Thanks for sharing a bit of Colorado's winter with us.

    ReplyDelete